- HTML5 is the latest version of HTML.
- HTML5 is still under development.
- Two HTML standards decide how the HTML is updated, behave and revised
- World wide web consortium (W3C)
- Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group(WHATWG)
World wide web consortium (W3C)
- W3C is the main international standard organization for the worldwide web.
- W3C makes the HTML standards.
- W3C standards are ahead of browsers.
- It was founded and led by Tim Berners-Lee.
Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group(WHATWG)
- It is the community of organizations or peoples interested in evolving HTML and related technologies such as opera software, Mozilla, Apple, etc.
- They began work on the new standard in 2004.
- In 2006 W3C showed an interest in HTML5 and 2007 they created a working group to work in the HTML5 project.
Some HTML History
- Late 1980's - Tim Berners Lee invented the www.
- 1991 - Html First Published
- 1995 - HTML 2.0
- 1997 - HTML 3.2
- 1999 - HTML 4.01. After HTML 4.01 was released, the facus was shifted to XHTML first version and its stricter standards.
- 2000 - XHTML 1.0, An XML version of HTML 4.01
- 2001 - XHTML 1.1, Modularization
- 2002 - XHTML 2.0, Simplified and generalize
- 2012 - HTML 5 (HTML 5 was officially launched in 2012)