- In this section, Iam going to discuss about the basic structure of HTML web page. HTML5 document is very similar to HTML web pages.
Basic Structure of HTML5 document
//meta data goes here
<h1>This is a heading</h1>
<p>This is a paragraph</p>
- <!DOCTYPE> declaration is not a HTML tag. <!DOCTYPE> tells or instructs the web browser that what HTML version is using. It must be the first thing of the web page before the tag HTML is writing.
- The browser will understand what type of HTML document you are using if you add DOCTYPE to the web page.
- The DOCTYPE Declaration is not case sensitive.
- The HTML5 Webpage is greatly simplified compared to other earlier versions of HTML.
Most of the HTML5 web pages include a head section. The head section starts with <head> and ends with </head>. The metadata goes in between the head section of the HTML5 Document. The metadata will not display in the browser. Because of it a data about HTML documents. The metadata includes title, style, links, scripts and other meta information.
- The html document beginnig with <html> and </html>
- In the browser, the part of the HTML appears is <body></body> tags.