- Computer is an advanced electronic device and it operates under a set of instructions(called program), that input or accept data, process data and produce output data and store the information for future purposes. A computer can process both numerical and nonnumerical calculations.
- Data is a collection of raw unprocessed facts, symbols, and figures.
- Information is the data that is organized and meaningful.
Computer full form
"Commonly oriented machine particularly used for trade, education, research" is the full form of computer.
Functionalities of computer
- It stores the data in its memory and processes it whenever it is required.
- Input or accept the data.
- Process the data
- Output the data
- Control the above functionalities.
Characteristics of computer
- Speed: The computer is very fast in calculations. A powerful computer can execute 3 million calculations per second.
- Accuracy: The computer is very accurate compared to the human.
- Reliability: The output generated by the computer is very reliable.
- Automation: The features of the computer are automatic. It works automatically without any human intervention.
- Diligence: A computer will never fail to execute its task. A human being can be lazy. But the computer cannot be lazy.
- Convenience: Computers are eazy to assist and use.
- Flexible: Computers are very flexible. If the software is changed, it can change it on your computer according to your requirement.