Current Affairs 2020 July 25
- IIT Madras develops Technology to remove Haze Impact in Surveillance Camera Images.
- AIIMS Nagpur develops Smart Wristband to track COVID-19 positive patients.
- Govt sanctions Permanent Commission to Women Officers Indian Army.
- Michael Kasprowicz resigns as non-executive Director of Cricket Australia.
- Karnataka Cabinet cleared the formation of Karnataka Digital Economy Mission.
- Haryana Govt stops registration of property till August 17.
- Telangana makes 1 year Govt Services compulsory for PG Medicos in Govt Hospitals.
- DRDO provides “Bharat Drones” to Indian Army.
- Jharkhand Govt to impose Rs 1 lakh fine for not wearing mask.
- 2 year jail for violating lockdown guidelines in Jharkhand.
- Jaguar Land Rover develops Contactless Touch Screen.
- P P Sengupta appointed as MD and CEO of Indian Overseas Bank.
- PV Sindhu launches India’s 1st Online Physical Educational Curriculum “Suchitra Fitkid”.
- Punjab Govt signs MoU with IIT Ropar for Skill Development.
- India’s 2018 Asian Games 4x400m Mixed Relay Medal upgraded to Gold after Bahrain’s disqualification.
- Haryana Police to set up a dedicated wing “Teen Age Police” at Faridabad Commissionerate.
- PM Narendra Modi laid foundation stone for Manipur Water Supply Project.
- Nicaragua becomes the 87th country to sign the ISA Framework Agreement.
- ISA: International Solar Alliance
- Book titled “The Pandemic Century” by British Medical Historian Mark Honigsbaum.
- The book published by Penguin Publishers.
- Harsh Vardhan attends Health Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organization Meeting.
- RIL becomes the world’s 48th Largest Company by Market Cap.
- RIL becomes the 1st Indian Company to reach Market Cap of Rs 13 Lakh crore.
- RIL: Reliance Industries Limited
- MSCW launched “UnMuteTheAbuse” campaign to raise awareness about domestic abuse.
- MSCW: Maharashtra State Commission for Women
- LIC signs agreement with UBI to distribute latter’s policies.
- LIC: Life Insurance Corporation
- UBI: Union Bank of India
- FamPay launches “Numberless” payments card for teenagers.
- Turkmenistan gets observer status in the World Trade Organization.
- Turkmenistan has become the 25th observer of the WTO.
- Bank of Baroda rolls out “Insta Click Savings Account.”
- Airtel Payment Bank partners NSDC to train rural youth.
- NSDC: National Skill Development Corporation
- Pakistan’s Munir Akram elected President of UN ECOSOC.
- ECOSOC: United Nations Economic and Social Council
- Chandigarh to introduce Ambulances to treat sick trees.
- Senior Bureaucrat Rajesh Bhushan appointed Health Secretary.
- Flipkart to Acquire Walmart India’s wholesale business.
- India to contribute 2.2% of Global Digital Payment Market by 2023.
- India to set up Solar Power Park in Sri Lanka.
- India and Maldives sign contract to set up Fish Processing Plants.
- Zoom will set up a Technology Center in Bengaluru.
- Govindan Rangarajan appointed as New IISc Director.
- IIS: Indian Institute of Science
- Legendary Jazz singer Annie Ross passes away.
- United States is planning to launch its Mars Rover next week.
- India’s GDP to contract by 6% in FY21: DBS report
- DBS: Development Bank of Singapore
- Amazon Pay ties up with Acko to Sell Auto Insurance.