Current Affairs 2020 July 5
- Delhi Government launched an online portal ‘LEAD’.
- LEAD: Learning Through E-Resource Made Accessible For Delhi.
- Lt Gen SP Kochhar appointed as Director-General of COAI.
- COAI: Cellular Operations Association of India.
- French Prime Minister Eduard Phillipe resigned.
- Rameshwar Sharma appointed as Pro-Tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
- Zoya Khan becomes the 1st transgender operator of the common service centre in India.
- Jean Castex appointed as Pro-Tem Speaker of Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
- Intel Capital to buy 0.39% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 1,894.50 Cr.
- Chairman of NHAI SS Sandhu gets 6 months extension.
- NHAI: National Highway Authority of India.
- VP M V Naidu to launch “Elyments” 1st Indian Social Media Super App.
- Ratnakar Matkari will be posthumously honoured with the Natvarya Prabhakar Panshikar Award by Maharashtra Govt.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan “launched drug discovery Hackathon 2020”.
- Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal launched “Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” for school children.
- HDFC Bank to offer “ZipDrive” an online instant auto loans.
- Krishi Sanjeevani Saptah to be launched by Maharashtra Government; AIM – Educate farmers with new technologies.
- Russia’s President Vladimir Putin to stay in power until 2036.
- Odisha Govt launched ‘labour Case Management System’ Portal.
- Nagaland Cabinet banned the sale of dog meat.
- India’s external debt increased by 2.8% to $558.5 Billion in FY20.
- India’s GDP likely to contract by 6.4% in 2020-21: Care ratings
- Germany to shut down coal-fired power plants by 2038.
- Germany to shut down nuclear power by end of 2022.
- Delhi Govt to launch “Podhe Lagao Prayavaran Bachao” campaign.
- Meity-NITI Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App.
- SAP Launches Global Bharat Program for Indian MSMEs.
- Two-Time Olympic Badminton champion Lin Dan retires.