Current Affairs 2020 June 18
- India stands at 43rd position in 32nd edition of IMD’s competitive ranking 2020, Singapore tops.
- Serum institutes of India to supply pneumonia vaccine under supply agreement with UNICEF.
- Around 45 million people fall into acute food insecurity since February 2020 due to COVID-19: FAQ report.
- India Joined GPAI, 1st of its kind al initiative as founding member.
- Asian infrastructure investment bank approves 2nd loan of USD 750 million under COVID-19 CRF to India.
- SEBI panel headed by Anil Dave suggested measures to strengthen enforcement of SEBI.
- HDFC Ergo and Tech term firm Tropogo jointly launches India’s 1st ‘pay as you fly’ insurance for drones.
- Infosys signs climate pledge with Amazon and global optimism to become net-zero carbon.
- DK Jain, BCCI’s 1st ever ombudsman gets a 1 year extension as ethics officer and ombudsman.
- Indian startups stellaps and ZestMoney are a part of the world economic forum’s list of technology pioneers of 2020.
- Indian Railways installs automated ticket checking and managing access machine, 1st of its kind at Nagpur station.
- Maha Vir Chakra awardee and 1971 war hero Lt Gen Raj Mohan Vohra passed away at 88 due to COVID-19.
- 4th Asian youth para games to be held in Bahrain in December 2021.
- Former Goa, Daman, and Diu minister Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar passed away at 92.
- World day to combat desertification and drought 2020 – June 17.
- Nobel Laureate Kazuo Ishiguro’s new novel ‘Klara and the sun’ to be released in March 2021.
- AP, 1st Indian state presented its budget amid COVID-19: Rs 2.24 lakh cr budget publicized by Buggana Rajendranath for FY21.
- India to construct Rs 2.33cr sanitation facility at Nepal’s iconic Pashupatinath Temple.
- India is 9th largest recipient of FDI in 2019 with $51 billion; US topped: UN world investment report 2020.
- Ministry of sports to establish and upgrade state facilities into Khelo India state centres of excellence.