Flowchart In Programming
- Flowchart can be defined as the pictorial representation of an algorithm or It can be defined as a type of tool to explain the flow of the program.
- The flowchart is helpful in debugging, efficient coding and analysis of a particular program.
- Drawing a flowchart for complicated programs is very difficult.
- Oval, Flowline, Parallelogram, Rectangle, Diamond, etc. are the name of the symbols used in the flowchart.
Name of the symbols and their use
- Oval: An oval denotes the beginning or end of the program
- Flowline: Denotes the direction of a logic (Relationship between representative state)
- Parallelogram : Denotes input operation (eg., INPUT) or output operation (OUTPUT)
- Rectangle: Denotes a process to be carried out (Eg., Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication)
- Diamond: Denotes the decision (Either yes or no)
Examples of flowchart
- Write a flowchart to find the largest of two numbers
- Write a flowchart to find the largest of three numbers
- Write a flowchart to find the factorial of a number of an entered number.
- Write a flowchart to find Fibonacci series up to a 100