HTTP Status Codes can be divided categorized as
- Informational Status Codes(1XX)
- Success Status Codes (2XX)
- Redirection Status Codes (3xx)
- Client Error Status Codes (4xx)
- Server Error Status Codes (5xx)
Informational Status Codes (1xx)
- 100 (Continue): The client can continue with the request
- 101 (Switching Protocol): The server switches the protocol
Success Status Codes (2xx)
- 200 OK: The request has succeeded or ok.
- 201 Created: The request is succeeded and a new resource is created
- 202 Accepted: The request is accepted for processing. But the process is not completed.
- 203 Non-Authoritative Information: The information in the entity-header is not from the original server. It may be from local or from a third party.
- 204 No content: The server fulfilled the request, but does not return an entity-body. Status code and header are given in the response.
- 205 Reset Content: The server fulfilled the request and clear document view to the client.
Redirection Status Codes (3xx)
- 300 Multiple Choices
- 301 Moved Permanently: The requested page has permanently moved to another page or URL.
- 302 Found: The requested page has temporarily moved to another page or URL.
- 303 See Other: The requested page can be seen under other URLs also.
- 304 Not Modified
- 305 Use Proxy
- 306 (Unused): The code was used in the previous version. The code is reversed and no longer used.
- 307 Temporary Redirect: The requested page has temporarily moved to new URL.
Client Error Status Codes (4xx)
- 400 Bad Request: The server will not understand the request
- 401 Unauthorized: The requested user is not authorized.
- 402 Permanent Required: The code is reserved. So it cannot be used for any other purpose.
- 403 forbidden: The server understood the request. But cannot fulfill the forbidden page.
- 404 Not Found: The requested URL is not found.
- 405 Method Not allowed: The method specified in the request URL is not found.
- 406 Not Acceptable: The server can generate a response. But it is not acceptable to the client.
- 407 Proxy Authentication Required: Similar to 401. But the server must authenticate with a proxy URL.
- 408 Request Timeout: The client did not produce a request within the time. So unable to complete the request and time out.
- 409 Conflict: The server cannot complete the request. Because of a conflict.
- 410 Gone: The requested URL is no longer available.
Server Error Status Codes (5xx)
- 500 Internal Server Error: The request is not completed. The server encountered an unexpected condition.
- 501 Not implemented: The server did not support the functionality required. So the request is rejected.
- 502 Bad Gateway: The request face an encountered error from the upstream server. The request is not complete.
- 503 Service Unavailable: The request is not completed. The server facing maintenance or service unavailable issues.
- 504 Gateway Timeout: The gateway server or proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or auxiliary server.
- 505 HTTP Version Not Supported: The server does not support the HTTP protocol version or refuses to support the version.