Relative Pronoun & their uses in a senence
- it is used to refer to nouns mentioned previously
- it is used to combine/join two sentences.
- who,whose,which,whom,that,what,where and when are the most commom relative pronouns
- Who,Whose and whom are used to indicate persons(male/female).
- Format for using who in a sentence (Person______Verb)
- E.g: (i) She is the girl Who sacrificed her life for friends.
- (ii) she wants to interview the painter who painted a beautiful picture.
- Format for using whose in a sentence (Person______Noun)
- E.g: (i) She is aisha whose scooter has been stolen.
- (ii) I know the doctor whose character is bad.
- Format for using whom in a sentence (Person______Pronoun)
- E.g:(i) He is the teacher whom everyone respects.
- (ii) She is one whom we can trust.
- Used when to mention about animals or things.
- E.g: (i) This is the dog which I bought yesterday.
- (ii) Ramesh killed the snake that bit his father
- That is used If their is a superlative degree in a sentence.
- E.g: (i) He is the best speaker that available here.
- (ii) It is the toughest quesion that i have ever seen.
- What used when we refer to a questioning sentence
- E.g: (i) Do you get me what I am saying
- (ii) please listen what i am asking.
- It is used in a sentence to indicate time.
- E.g(i) You can telephone me whenever you get time.
- (ii) I was watching serial when you called me.