Laravel is a free and open-source PHP framework used to develop web applications. It is created by Taylor Otwell. Laravel supports the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern and is a framework with elegant and expressive syntax. It helps in creating wonderful web applications easily and quickly.
This article will walk you through the basic top 10 Laravel interview questions and answers.
What is Laravel?
- Laravel is a PHP framework used to develop web applications.
- Laravel is a framework with elegant and expressive syntax.
- Laravel is based on an MVC design pattern
- It is created by Taylor Otwell.
- It helps in creating wonderful web applications easily and quickly
- Laravel provides powerful database tools including an built in mechanisms for creating database migrations and seeders, ORM (Object Relational Mapper) called Eloquent.
What are the main features of Laravel over other Frameworks?
- Application Logic
- Automatic pagination
- Template Engine
- Database Query Builder
- Eloquent ORM
What are the different artisan commands in Laravel?
With the command-line tool Artisan, developers can bootstrap new models, controllers, and other application components. Artisan exists at the root of the application and it helps to speed up the overall application development.
The following are the some of the artisan commands:
- PHP artisan list
- PHP artisan help
- PHP artisan tinker
- PHP artisan make
- PHP artisan –version(Get Current version of Laravel)
- PHP artisan make model model_name
- PHP artisan make controller controller_name
What is the template engine that Laravel will use?
What happens when you type 'PHP artisan' command?
- It lists dozens of artisan commands
What are active records?
What are the different relations in Laravel?
- One To One
- One To Many
- One To Many (Inverse)
- Many To Many
- Has Many Through
- Polymorphic Relations
- Many To Many Polymorphic Relations
What is Lumen?
- Lumen is a microframework developed by Laravel.
- It is used for creating APIs only
- Lumen is one of the smallest frameworks and faster than Laravel
- Some of the configurations done in Laravel are predefined in Lumen.
What is a composer?
- Its a dependency manager used for installing dependencies of PHP applications.
- Composer Install or update libraries.
What are the Laravel Events?
- An event is an incident or occurrence detected and handled by the program.
- A new user has registered.
- A new comment is posted
- User login/logout
- A new product is added.