Biotechnology Engineering Course Details, Eligibility, Course Subjects, Career Opportunities
What is Biotechnology Engineering
- Biotechnology engineering is a combination of fields such as engineering, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, and microbiology.
- Biotechnology applies in many various engineering fields of agriculture, vaccines, fertilizers, insecticides, research and development of medicines, disease research, eco-conversation, etc.
- Pass in 10+2 (American 12th grade or equivalent with physics or mathematics or English as a compulsory subject with botany or chemistry).
- The candidate should have a minimum percentage of marks taken together in mathematics or physics or any one of the optional subjects.
Course Subjects of Biotechnology
- Bioprocess Calculations
- Cell Biology
- Analytical Techniques in Biotechnology
- Fluid Flow Operations
- Mechanical Operations
- Mass Transfer Operations
- Chemical Reaction Engineering
- Process Dynamics and Control
- Genetic Engineering
- Metabolic Engineering
- Enzyme Science and Engineering
- Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Bioprocess Equipment Design
- Downstream Processing
- Bioprocess Instrumentation
- Safety and Biosafety in Process Plants
- Molecular Biology
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Food Biotechnology and Engineering
- Financial Management and Cost Estimation of Process Industries
Career Opportunities After Biotechnology
- Research and development in biotechnology
- Apply for a job in the government sector
- Apply for a job in the private sector
- Sales job in the Biopharma industry
- Laboratory Assistant/technician
- Peruse higher studies under the branches of Biotechnology and Life science.