Current Affairs 2020 June 20
- India’s 1st ever climate change assessment – climate change tracker.
- India’s 2nd major driver of global energy consumption in 2019 after China: 69th edition of BP statistical review 2020.
- Centre approved funds for implementation of Jal Jeevan mission in Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Tripura.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan launched India’s 1st I-Lab, a DBT – AMTZ mobile diagnostic unit for COVID testing.
- MNRE sets up project development cell under Amitesh Kumar Sinha for investment in green energy sector.
- Coal Ministry and FICCI initiated e-Auction process of 41 coal blocks for commercial mining; launched by PM Modi.
- UP provided employment to 57 lakh 12975 migrant workers; highest under MGNREGA.
- Indian economy to contract by 4% in 2020-21: ADB forecast.
- Saudi Arabia’s public investment fund buys 2.32% stake in Jio platforms for Rs 11,367 crores.
- JSW cement signs Sourav Ganguly and Sunil Chhetri as Brand Ambassadors.
- CCI approves acquisition of Metso Oyj’s minerals business by Outotec Oyj.
- IIT Mandi develops herbal infusion technology to help farmers in the Mid-Himalayan region.
- NASA astronomers discover 240 year old Neutron star ‘Swift J1818.0-1607’ after recent X-ray Burst.
- Veteran economist and member of the 10th Finance Commission B.P.R. Vithal Baru passed away at 93.
- Veteran journalist and freedom fighter Dinu Ranadive passed away at 95.
- Scriptwriter and Filmmaker KR Schidanandan passed away.
- International day for the elimination of sexual violence in conflict 2020 – June 19.
- Manipur observes the 19th Great June Uprising Day – June 18.
- India to become president of UN Security Council for August 2021.
- World Sickle Cell Day 2020 – June 19.