SSC (Staff Selection Commission) Exam Details And Pattern, SSC CGL, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Age Limit
- SSC Stands for Staff Selection Commission.
- SSC is a leading Government Organization that provides employment to lakhs of candidates all over India.
SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level)
- Every year, SSC Conducts a Graduate level exam, Commonly known as SSC CGL. This exam is one of the most sought and coveted exams in our country.
- SSC conducts various exams in order to recruit candidates for various non-technical Group'B' and Group 'C' non-gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
- Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
- Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
- Inspectors of Income Tax.
- Preventive Officers in Customs.
- Examiner in Customs.
- Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
- Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
- Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant
- Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
- Compiler in Registrar General of India.
- SSC CGL Recruitment takes place annually. The SSC Notification for the exam that gives details regarding SSC Exam Eligibility, SSC Exam Date, SSC Last Date for application, etc, is released by the commission. SSC Exam is conducted in four levels:
- Tier I (Preliminary)
- Tier II(Mains)
- Tier-III(Descriptive Test)
- Tier IV (DEST/CPT)
- SSC Exam Pattern of above four levels are following;
- Level 1: Tier I is a preliminary examination and it consisting of Objective multiple-choice type questions. This will be a computer-based examination (online).
- Level 2: Tier II is also an examination consist of multiple-choice type questions. This will also be a computer-based examination (online).
- Level 3: Tier III is a descriptive test consisting of essay/Passage / Application / Letter Writing etc. This will be a pen-paper mode examination(offline).
- Level 4: Tier IV is all about Computer Proficiency Test / Data Entry Skill Test / Document Verification.
SSC CGL Exam Eligibility Criteria
- There are 4 important criteria that a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CGL. The 4 parameters are given below:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Physical Fitness Requirements
- Citizenship: Candidate must be a citizen of India
SSC CGL Exam Age Limit
- For Group A: A candidate must not have age more than 30 years.
- For Group B: A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
- For Group C: A candidate must not have age more than 32 years
- For Group D: A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 27 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
SSC CGL Exam Educational Qualification
- Candidate appearing SSC CGL Exam must have done Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university/institution.
- The educational qualifications vary according to the post for SSC CGL and are listed below :
- Assistant Audit Officer: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University OR Desirable Qualification: CA/CS/MBA/Cost & Management Accountant/ Masters in Commerce/Masters in Business Studies
- Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with a minimum of 60% in Mathematics in Class 12th OR Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Statistics as one of the subjects in graduation.
- Compiler Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective Subject
- All Other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or equivalent
SSC CGL Physical Fitness Requirements
Apart from the above, there are certain requisite Physical Standards for Inspector (Central Excise/ Examiner/Preventive Officer), Sub-Inspector in CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation), and Sub-Inspector in NIA (National Investigation Agency).