Current Affairs 2020 July 3
- VS Rao takes charge as VC of SRM University Andhra Pradesh.
- MK Aggarwal takes charge as new Chennai Police Commissioner.
- Baisali Mohanty Appointed United Nations Policy Officer.
- India becomes 4th Country to cross 600,000 COVID-19 Cases.
- Krithika Pandey wins 2020 Commonwealth short story prize.
- Delhi Govt to launch massive plantation drive from July 10.
- G4Virus Pandemic Potential Virus candidate detected in China.
- India is planning to acquire the more lethal version of spice-2000.
- India in race with 4 countries to host 2027 Asian Cup.
- India to host Virtual Global finTech festival on 22-23 July 2020.
- India’s 1st Plasma Bank to be set up in New Delhi.
- MSME Ministry launched “Udyam” Portal for MSME Registration.
- Jordan bans Smoking and Vaping in Indoor public spaces.
- EU bans Pakistan Airline from flying to Europe for 6 months.
- Jakarta (Indonesia) bans single-use plastic bags.
- World Bank approves $500 Million for STARS program.
- STARS – Strengthening Teaching-Learning And Results for States Program.
- “Dream Kerala Project” announced for rehabilitation of Keralites Returning from abroad.
- Ravinder Bhakar appointed CEO of Central Board of Films Certification.
- IIT Madras launches World’s 1st online BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science.
- India’s AI Enabled MyGov Corona helpdesk Bags 2 awards at CogX 2020.
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launches Web portal “PMSVANidhi”.
- National Anti-Doping Agency launched “NADA INDIA” App.
- 2020 Global Education Monitoring Report released by UNESCO.
- 45.8 Million Women missing in India over the past 50 years: UNFPA Report.
- UN Raises $7.7 Billion in Humanitarian Aid for Syria.
- Nagaland declared as disturbed area till December 2020.
- World Bank Approves $750 Million for MSMEs in India.
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal Virtually launched 10,000 Cr PM-FME Scheme.
- Legendary Comedian Carl Reiner passes away recently.
- Asia’s 1st continuous Galvanized rebar production facility in Punjab.
- AIIMS partners IIT-Delhi to launch App “COPAL-19”.