What is PHP?
- PHP Stands for Hypertext preprocessor
- Rasmus Lerdorf is known as the father of PHP.
- PHP is an open-source scripting language commonly used for web applications.
- It supports databases like MySql, Sybase, solid, Postgres SQL, etc.
- Personal Home is the old name of PHP.
- PHP has borrowed syntax from Perl and C.
- PHP is a cross-platform that you deploy your application in a different number of operating systems such as Windows, Linux, etc.
Common uses of PHP
- It can access Cookie variables
- It can restrict users to access pages.
- It can handle forms.
- It performs system functions.
- It can modify elements within the database
Is PHP a case-sensitive language?
- PHP is partially case sensitive language. The variable names are case sensitive. But the function names are not.
Popular CMS in PHP
Popular Framework in PHP
- Yii or Y2i