What is Yii Framework | Advantages of Yii over other frameworks | Different versions of Yii
- Yii is a component-based PHP framework for developing modern applications.
- The Yii stands for yes it is.
- The name Yii means simple and evolutionary in Chinese.
What are the advantages of YII compare with Other Frameworks?
- Like most of the other PHP frameworks, YII is also implemented MVC(Model View Controller) architectural pattern.
- It promotes code organization based on the architectural pattern.
- Yii will design things mainly for the purpose of following strictly some design patterns
- The code should be written in a simple yet elegant way.
- Yii is a full-stack framework.
- Executing with high performance is always a primary goal of YII.
- Yii provides many proven and ready to use features.
- Yii provides multi-tier caching support, RESTful API development support, Relational and No-SQL databases, etc.
- Yii is backed by a strong developer team.
- A large number of professionals are constantly are contributing to the development of the Yii framework.
Different versions of Yii framework
- Version 1.1
- Version 2.0
- Version 1.1 is old and now in maintenance mode.
- Version 2.0 is a complete rewrite of the version 1.1