What is git?
- Git is one of the most widely used modern version control in the world.
- Git is developed by Linus Torvalds (Linus Torvalds was a famous creator of the Linux operating system kernel)
- Git is an example of distributed version control system (DVCS).
- Developers copy is a repository, which contains full history of changes.
- Git can commit new changes, branching, merging and comparing past versions and all these are well optimised for performance.
- Git is designed to handle everything from small to large projects with efficiency and speed.
- Git is very eazy to learn.
- Cheap local branching, multiple workflows, convenient staging areas etc. are the features of Git.
- Git outclasses SCM tools like performance, clearCase, Subversion, CVS etc.